The 10 Commandments of Effective Leadership
by Bishop T.D. Jakes
From the 2013 Pastors and Leadership Conference
!) Thou shalt not lead beyond your own exposure! You cannot lead people where you have never been.
2) Thou shalt not choose your leadership team like you choose your friends! You cannot choose leaders who thinks like you if you want your ministry to go from glory to glory.
3) Thou shalt not reward nepotism! Self explanatory (especially if your have family in your ministry!)
4) Thou shalt not avoid confrontation! Put out the little fires early before they turn into infernos in the church!
5) Thou shalt not over promise and under deliver! A ministry only grows when it's moving.
6) Thou shalt clearly articulate expectations! Self explanatory.
7) Thou shalt not mistake regimentation for revelation! When the church program becomes more important than the Holy Spirit's entrance, then there's a problem!
8) Thou shalt not lead forward without updates! Always notify your congregation where you and the church is going.
9) Thou shalt not lead without listening! Self explanatory!
10) Thou shalt cross-pollinate! Obtain information from other sources and broaden your horizons. For example, learn about leadership from CEO's of Fortune 500 companies.
I know that I am a leader and I believe that these commandments will help me get from glory to glory!
Until next time...