Thursday, December 17, 2009

Help Save The Pink Tea Cup!

I was truly saddened when I've read that The Pink Tea Cup, a great Soul Food restaurant in Greenwich Village, will be closing after 55 years. It's one of my favorite restaurants and they have the best Banana Pudding ever (next to my own, of course!). Unfortunately, due to my own financial constraints, I haven't been able to dine there this year. But I felt compelled to do something. So I'm spreading the word!

"Team Tea Cup", a group of loyal patrons, will be having a fundraiser at the restaurant on January 3, 2010 - the day the restaurant is set to close. The goal is to raise $100,000 for the current manager, Vincent Pickney to purchase the restaurant from owner Lisa Ford. There are other ways you can help:

1) Stop by the restaurant - 42 Grove Street, New York, NY 10014. Enjoy the food - especially the banana pudding!
2) Go to www.savethepinkteacup.blogspot.com. There's a donation link on the blog.

As soon as I can obtain some funds, I'll help contribute to save the restaurant. If you really look at it, we really don't have that many good Soul Food restaurants left in NYC. Shouldn't we do what we can to save the good ones?

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment