Sunday, October 2, 2016

I'm Officially a Published Author! - Chapter 65

"Dear Girlfriend,

This is a hard subject for me to tackle. If I may be so transparent, at times, I feel so lost myself. There’s nothing that I want more than to have the comfort of a man. Unfortunately, it’s with ANY man. I’m not sure what it is…the thrill of the chase, the interaction of listening to a man’s voice, the desperation of wanting to be needed by someone…anyone! Yes, I will admit, I could act like Miss Independent and claim that I don’t need a man, that I have Jesus and that’s all I need. But deep down I know that’s a bold-face lie! Newsflash Beloved, Jesus doesn’t keep my bed warm at night! And if some of us stop acting all “holier than thou” and face that truth, we would all be a lot better off! But I digress…."


This is an excerpt from Chapter 2: "Lost and Found" from our book "A Single Perspective: Every Woman's Guide to Wholeness" written by me, Tonja E. Withers and my good friend, Angela D. Valentine. This book is a refreshing and candid book on singleness written from a single and married woman's perspective and rooted in the Word of God. Let this book spark conversations among all women. As we share our experiences with each other, may every woman find her path to healing and wholeness! The eBook is now available for $7.99. You can purchase your copy here: http://thesimfactor.wixsite.com/simfactor/book.

No comments:

Post a Comment