Sunday, February 8, 2009

Talk About a Distraction! - Chapter 5

Early Friday morning, I received a call from my "stepfather" telling me that he called 911 for my mother and sent her to the hospital. Earlier that week, both my brother & I have tried to convince her to go to the hospital, but she refused. She believed that she had flu-like symptoms. What she was diagnosed with was severe pneumonia (fluid in both lungs), blood sugar levels over 600 (and she wasn't diagnosed with Diabetes by her primary doctor), and a blood infection. All of this could have been avoided if my mother went to the hospital sooner.

Then again, because of this situation, issues with people were temporarily mended, folks who couldn't stand to be in the same room together had actually got along. But most importantly, I now realized how much people love my mother. Unfortunately, she felt alone and unwanted. My prayer for her is that when she survives this thing - and I KNOW she will survive, that she would realize that not only is she loved, but respected by many people including her children. She has touched so many lives and had blessed many people with her advice. God uses her in such a way that is unexplainable.

Even though I love my mother with all of my heart & soul, nothing will stop me from pursuing the plans of Christ for my life. I love my family, but I love God so much more.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment